Recycling: doing it wrong
I realized that I still wasn’t up to date on what can and can’t be recycled in Toronto.
I thought it couldn’t, but it can be recycled:
- styrofoam meat trays
- disposable/one-use aluminum pie plates
- shaving cream cans, but not their lids
- the “window” parts of envelopes, and I had been separating them all this time!
I thought it could be recycled, but it can’t:
- clear plastic containers for berries
- clear plastic egg cartons
- plastic cutlery
- lids for mason jars
- pizza boxes can, but you have to remove the parts that are stained with grease